Lighting is a critical element of industrial and commercial facilities. In addition to illuminating working and living spaces, it is used to encourage purchasing behaviors in consumers, establish conditions that boost employee alertness, morale, and productivity, and create areas within facilities that are both functional and aesthetic. The design, configuration, and luminescence level of a lighting system are generally tailored to accommodate the unique requirements and restrictions of the specific application.
The following article outlines the differences between the lighting systems used in commercial and industrial facilities with regard to the applications in which they are used. It also provides an overview of the custom lighting products and engineering capabilities available at Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping.
Commercial Lighting Applications vs. Industrial Lighting Applications
As indicated above, lighting systems are used in commercial and industrial environments. While commercial and industrial lighting systems consist of the basic same components, they are used in different types of facilities for different purposes. For example, in the commercial sector, lighting systems are often used in the following facilities for the following purposes:
- Government institutions to brighten areas highly trafficked areas such as lobbies, hallways, and halls
- Hospitals to improve employee visibility during delicate procedures and ensure personnel remain awake and alert
- Offices to keep employees alert and encourage productivity
- Retail stores to create bright and inviting environments for customers
- Roads and sidewalks to improve visibility for drivers and walkers
- Schools, colleges, and universities to provide lighting conditions that improve the functional and aesthetic qualities of the various areas
In the industrial sector, lighting systems are often found in the following types of facilities:
- Chemical manufacturing plants
- Ethanol plants
- Grain processing/storage locations
- Inspection/defect detection areas
- Loading/unloading areas such as loading docks
- Manufacturing and warehousing facilities
- Marine locations such as coastal facilities, oil rigs, and ships and shipyards
- Outdoor stadiums, arenas, and sports fields
- Paint/power/blast booth facilities
- Petrochemical plants
- Pulp/paper mills
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
- Wet/damp areas such as elevator pits, food and beverage processing plants, and wash bays
- Woodworking shops
Custom Lighting Products at Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping
At Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping, we specialize in manufacturing custom metal components for customers across a wide range of industries. We’ve produced lighting fixtures and lighting reflectors for industrial and commercial lighting systems for over 50 years. This extensive experience, combined with our state-of-the-art metalworking equipment, allows us to deliver solutions for highly specific or unique lighting applications.
While we generally use aluminum for our lighting components due to its light material weight and reflective surface, we can also accommodate brass, copper, stainless steel, and cold-rolled steel. We also offer plating, anodizing, and metalizing services to customize the lighting fixture or reflector to meet the customer’s exact needs.
Engineering Capabilities at Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping
Equipped with several years of industry experience, our engineering experts have the knowledge and skills to help customers bring their lighting concepts to life. Our engineering capabilities include:
- Design assistance. We provide advice and support throughout the design process to ensure the final product meets your needs. We accept a number of different file formats to make it easy for you to submit your designs.
- Reverse engineering. If you have a preexisting design or product, we can reverse engineer the design so you can modify or refine it to better suit your current specifications and standards and/or reduce production costs.
- Value engineering. Upon request, our engineering team can evaluate your existing products and services to determine whether it could and should be optimized to improve functionality and/or production and operating costs.
Custom Industrial and Commercial Lighting Solutions at Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping
If you need custom metal components for your industrial or commercial lighting system, Metal Craft Spinning & Stamping is here to help. Equipped with decades of metalworking experience, we can produce lighting fixtures and reflectors in a wide range of shapes and sizes to suit nearly any lighting system. To learn more about our manufacturing capabilities for lighting systems or discuss your application requirements with one of our experts, contact us today.